The UK Government has made £20 million available through the current SME Brexit Support Fund. Provided you meet certain eligibility criteria, HMRC may provide funding towards the costs of training and/or professional advice, to help you with changes to trade rules with the EU.
The grant can be used to help you get:
- Professional advice so your business can meet its customs, excise, import VAT or safety and security declaration requirements.
- Training on:
- how to complete customs declarations
- how to manage customs processes and use customs software and systems
- specific import and export related aspects including VAT, excise and rules of origin
To apply, your business must:
- be established in the UK
- have been established in the UK for at least 12 months before submitting the application, or currently hold Authorised Economic Operator status
- not have previously failed to meet its tax or customs obligations
- have no more than 500 employees
- have no more than £100 million turnover
- import or export goods between Great Britain and the EU, or moves goods between Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Your business must also either:
- complete (or intend to complete) import or export declarations internally for its own goods
- use someone else to complete import or export declarations but requires additional capability internally to effectively import or export (such as advice on rules of origin or advice on dealing with a supply chain)
Applications will close on 30 June 2021 or earlier if all funding is allocated before this date.
More information can be found on the UK Government’s website
How we can help
Thanks to our trusted network of experts (accountants, lawyers, custom agents, consultants etc), the ICCIUK can support you with your professional advice or training needs. To find out more, please contact us