Position: Restaurant Assistant Manager
Employment type: Full time
Location: London, United Kingdom
Department: Management (Experienced), Front of the House Operation
Founded in 1955, Spaghetti House has made a name for itself by consistently delivering high quality fresh and delicious Italian food across London.
Our family is growing, and we now have an opportunity to join the Spaghetti House family as an Assistant Manager, supporting the Restaurant Manager to deliver our wholehearted and welcoming Italian hospitality across our restaurants.
As Assistant Manager you will:
- Support the Restaurant Manager with all aspects of the day to day running of the restaurant
- Be part of the restaurant team take orders and serve guest as and when required
- Identify areas for growth and commercial opportunities
- Ensure compliance with the law and best practice concerning food hygiene, health and safety, manual handling, etc.
- Support a culture of training and development within the Restaurant, identifying training needs and ensuring that the team attends training when required
- Liaise with the senior team to ensure the effective resolution of any grievance, disciplinary and other employee relations situation
- Assist with the recruitment and selection process of the Restaurant team
- Encourage increased level of performance by assisting with the performance appraisal system and succession planning of the restaurant
- Oversee the welfare of all restaurant staff
- A great company culture where everyone truly matters
- Competitive salary and tronc
- 30 % Staff Discounts in our restaurants
- Meal on duty
- Career progression and training
- 28 days holidays (included bank holidays)
- Pension Scheme enrollment
Desired key skills we’re looking for:
- Highly skilled front of house professional, experienced in leading teams to deliver the highest standards of service ideally in a Fast-Paced environment
- Inventory Management, Training Experience, Staff Scheduling, POS Systems, Advanced Knowledge of Cash Registers/ Money Handling
- Qualified in Food Hygiene, Health and Safety, COSHH and other related training, and willing to work towards progressing to the next step
- Experienced in managing a restaurant operation in compliance with statutory requirements and best practice
- IT proficient
- Highly organized and self-motivated with a pro-active problem-solving approach
- Flexible and able to deliver high standards of work
- Committed and willing to take responsibility and grow within the role
- Personable and able to work well with others
- Able and comfortable working under pressure
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
To apply, please get in contact with: Clara Morocutti, HR Generalist, at firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject line.