An enthusiastic and proactive Finance and Administration Manager is required on a permanent basis to join our London office. The successful candidate will be joining a very close-knit and supportive team, reporting directly to the Secretary General.
The ideal candidate will be proactive with a proven ability to solve problems whilst multi-tasking. You will be involved in all aspects of the finance function together with being operations facing. Fluency in both English and Italian is essential as well as strong interpersonal skills.
As Finance and Administration Manager you ideally hold an accounting technician qualification (AAT) and be working towards/ or interested in further accreditation. You will have a focused and methodical approach and the ability to multi-task.
This role would suit a candidate who is diligent, accurate, able to form strong working relationships and have a desire to develop into this expanding and crucial role.
- Managing accounting operations, including full month-end close and reporting
- Drive month-end process, ensuring robust analysis and cost control
- Daily cashflow management and review, including bank reconciliations
- Maintain purchase ledger system (Quickbooks etc)
- Prepare invoices and chase payments as required
- Manage relationships with clients, members and suppliers
- Provide support to team members ensuring accurate project reporting
- Oversee outsourced payroll provider
- Assist with preparation of company statutory accounts
- Managing interactions with HMRC including VAT returns and Corporation Tax
- Fluency in both Italian and English
- At least two years of relevant working experience
- Experience with QuickBooks and/or other similar systems
- Focused and methodical approach with a keen eye for detail
- Enthusiasm and willingness to adapt to new tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to build strong relationships and adapt the communication style to different stakeholders
- Qualified, or working towards, an accounting qualification (AAT/CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- An ability to work under pressure and to prioritise
- A proactive attitude
If you are interested in applying to this role, please send an email with your CV and cover letter (in English) to Verena Caris, using the job title as the subject line.